Friday, June 17, 2011

Zipper corsage bracelet

Okay, I want to apologize up front for not being able to give credit to the crafter whose blog had the zipper bracelets on them. They are all over the web but I saw one on StumbleUpon and now I can't find it to refer you to. Basically the blog said to find a zipper, I went to the thrift store and bought 4 for a quarter each. I tried to get ones that were just a little too short for my wrist. Then when I got home I cut as closely to the zipper as I could. I took the blog's advice and used a lighter to singe the edges down so it won't fray. Then I used my mini drill to drill holes into the end of the zipper and into the zipper's pull to add jump rings and links/fasteners.

As I've mentioned before, I have some of my grandmother's old jewelry. I have been looking for ways to reuse it in a more contemporary way and this turned out to be a fun opportunity. I used a pin and clip-on earrings set. I removed the hardware from the back of the earrings but not the pin. Then I attached the earrings to the pin using a large jump ring. The I simply attached the pin to the zipper bracelet. Kind of a funky-vintage corsage bracelet.


No comments:

Post a Comment