Friday, March 2, 2012

Vintage Wooden Ornament Wreath

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the vintage wooden ornaments that I was given by my mother-in-law. We have funny little gnomes that have furry beards and our cats steal them all the time. The other fun set I got from her was a neat set of spinning circus themed ornaments from my husband's childhood. I then went to my mom and asked for her old stuff. I was able to find a few miscellaneous ones from my childhood and I love the look they add to the tree. I decided they would make a very cute wreath, but I have no heart to hot glue our family mementos to a wreath, so I decided to start checking the thrift stores. I found a ton of cute little ornaments that look like they were produced en mass in Japan or China in the 60s. Perfect! I think I payed less than $5 for all of them (aided by my friend gifting me a blank wreath.) I sat down with the ornaments and removed all the strings and then started randomly gluing them on. I wasn't trying for a pattern or anything because I wanted it to look like a section of a Christmas tree. I could not get any of my ribbon to look good with the wreath and I decided to try the ric rac. Perfect! It looks homemade, and it looks like something done back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment