Friday, May 6, 2011

Quoted Jeans?

I have one pair of jean capris that I wear to work on Fridays in the summer. I noticed last weekend that there was an odd brown stain high up on the left thigh...hmmm, throw them out or find an imaginative way to cover it?

I considered drawing on them with fabric markers or sewing on embroidered patches. But then I remembered the iron on letters I had bought on clearance at Wal-Mart. Are you picking up on my love of clearance items yet? So, what to do with those letters? I decided to put on a quote with short words that could be "written" down the leg of the jeans.

"Create your own life and then go out and live it."


I knew right off that I wouldn't have enough of any color to write the whole quote, so I decided to highlight the key words in glitter letters. What do you think? My husband says he won't be seen in public with me when I wear them -- we'll see about that. I like them but I am noticing that they aren't wanting to stay adhered 100%. I don't know how long the design will last, especially when I need to wash them; I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment