Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm in love with this idea!

The other day I was stumbling around the internet on StumbleUpon (if you haven't started using it, you should!) and I came across this great idea. It's a woven bracelet made using a simple chain bracelet and embroidery floss. I loved the look of the ones pictured on SEMI DIY and had to see if I could make one for myself.

I have a huge stash of costume jewelry that belonged to my dad's mom. My mom gave it to me for my girls to play with, but I kept most of it for my own. I wear some of it as is and other pieces have been recycled into new pieces or used in my crafts and scrapbooks. The bracelet I used for the base of my woven bracelet is large textured "gold" links. I decided on the brown/turquoise combination because brown is a neutral and turquoise is my "pop" color. As a bonus, I happened to have one strand of brown suede cord and one strand of light turquoise suede cord, so I added those to the mix. What do you think?


It doesn't lay flat like SEMI DIY's, but I like the overall look. I am not a huge fan of suede cord, it seems to break too easily when you try to pull it tight, but I thought it added a little different texture to the weaving. I want to make a few others now, with different types of weaving. We'll see what I can come up with in tribute to SEMI DIY's great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment